In vitro fertilization (IVF)
IVF is a process by which an egg is fertilized by sperm outside the body.
CIntra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
ICSI differs from conventional in vitro fertilization (IVF) in that the embryologist selects a single sperm to be injected directly into an egg, instead of fertilization taking place in a dish where many sperm are placed near an egg.
Indications for IVF Treatment:
1) Fallopian tube damage/tubal factor/tubal ligation.
2) Male factor infertility.
4) Advanced age /Low ovarian reserve
5) Unexplained infertility.
6) Genetic abnormalities.
Various steps of an IVF treatment cycle
1) Biochemical/Hormonal Monitoring
2) Ultrasound Monitoring : Follicular Growth & Endometrial Response
Need for Monitoring :
1) Modification of drugs to obtain optimum outcome
2) To avoid complications