Pregnancy in a moderately obese woman!
- Mrs. AB and Mr.CD presented to us with secondary infertility for 10 years Mrs.
- AB was 37 year old and was very obese . She had one natural conception in 2018 which resulted in ectopic pregnancy for which laparoscopy was done and left tube was removed.
- AMH -0.43
- Semen analysis- normal
- Low Ovarian reserve, Tubal factor
- Associated factor- Obesity.( weight 104kg)
- Patient was advised Donor egg IVF.
- During first IVF cycle using donor eggs, three day 3 embryos were transferred after laser assisted hatching which resulted in failure.
- Patient was advised weight loss however she could not manage more than 4 kgs weight loss.
- Hysteroscopy was done to rule out intrauterine pathology. After hysteroscopy second cycle was done with frozen embryos. Three D3 embryos with laser assisted hatching were transferred.
- Beta HCG done 15 days later was 293 which doubled well. Early scan showed single live pregnancy.